Fraud, Waste and Abuse: Ongoing and Unstoppable
Understand what is at stake by understanding your responsibilities and legal obligations.
TAHC&H CONFERENCE RECORDING: This program was presented on 11/13/2018 at the Texas Association of Home Care
& Administrator Program in Houston. It is one of 15 presentations captured and produced for online access. Subscribers
receive 24/7 on-demand access from both home and office during the subscription period shown at the bottom of this page.
- Presentation Date: November 13, 2018
- TAHC&H Event: TAHC&H HCSSA Administrator Program | Houston
- TX HCSSA Administrator/Alternate Continuing Education
- Continuing Education for Nurses
- 1.5 Contact Hr(s)
- This program awards CNE until 11.13.2020
CE Approval Statements:
· This program meets continuing education requirements
for Administrators and Alternates under Texas HCSSA licensing regulations.
· Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by
Louisiana State Nurses Association,
an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. LSNA Provider No. 4002151
HCSSA Topic(s) Addressed:
- §558.259[d]information regarding fraud and abuse detection and prevention
- §558.259[d]agency responsibilities
Program Description: Federal and state governments have ramped up their efforts to combat fraud, waste and abuse in the
healthcare system. Despite these efforts, providers throughout the nation continue to face enforcement action.
Understand what is at stake, by understanding your responsibilities and legal obligations.
This program helps you become familiar with the...
- Anti-kickback Statute
- Stark Law
- False Claims Act
Program Learning Outcome:
- Participants will actively engage in the activity and indicate an intent to change or enhance their practice by ensuring
application of fraud and abuse surveillance within their agency to promote ethical standards of practice.
TAHC&H Faculty/Presenter: Luis J. Acevedo, Acevedo & Edwards, PLLC
About the Presenter:
Luis J. Acevedo has been practicing law since 1993. He has substantial
experience in executive management of large corporations inside and outside the healthcare industry. Mr. Acevedo has a Master’s degree in
Healthcare Law and extensive knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to the healthcare industry, including access, compliance, fraud and
abuse and e-health. As an attorney for multiple business entities and in-house counsel for Atlantis Health Care Group, Inc., he offers impressive
experience in corporate, real estate and business counseling. Mr. Acevedo has used his extensive background to help health care clients resolve internal
conflicts, sales and transactions, and conflicts with government agencies.
 Fraud, Waste and Abuse: Ongoing and Unstoppable